I’m writing this for the benefit of the reader and because many people don’t seem to understand the word ‘conspiracy’.
People are heavily influenced by what they are exposed to, I think we can all agree on that. The lifestyle of most people in the western world involves watching television which use’s the ‘c’ word in the context mentioned above, that information is then circulated in society through very common talk such as ‘hey frank, did you check out that conspiracy movie last night’….
Now you are not wrong to think the word conspiracy means these things, you are just influenced by vested media interests, that’s the simple truth of the matter.
Now for the correct meaning of the English word ‘conspiracy’ bellow:
“an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.”
“in law, agreement of two or more persons to commit a criminal or otherwise unlawful act”
1. An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
2. A group of conspirators.
3. Law An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.
4. A joining or acting together
1 : the act of conspiring together
2 a : an agreement among conspirators b : a group of conspirators
1. A combination of people for an evil purpose; an agreement, between two or more persons, to commit a crime in concert, as treason; a plot. [1913 Webster]
2. A concurence or general tendency, as of circumstances, to one event, as if by agreement. [1913 Webster]
A conspiracy in all heavenly and earthly things. –Sir P. Sidney. [1913 Webster]
3. (Law) An agreement, manifesting itself in words or deeds, by which two or more persons confederate to do an unlawful act, or to use unlawful to do an act which is lawful; confederacy.
If you find it challenging to understand, please take a moment to re-read this post.
Now you know exactly what a conspiracy is, a joining of 2 or more people, it doesn’t necessarily even have to be to commit an unlawful act as a lot of the above examples state, they are just examples of ‘two or more people gathering together for an action’ so in saying that a conspiracy could be you and you’re friend meeting to talk about donating to a charitable organisation, you conspiracist!
Release the negative emotion behind the words and look at exactly what the word means, this will help you understand it and yourself when trying to express yourself clearly. A lot of the above are just examples of the end action which happen to be negative actions, I wanted to repeat that.
Think about what you are saying then know, be all that you can be!